Wayne Theriot announces that he is seeking re-election for Mayor of Maurice
I, Wayne Theriot, would like to announce I am a candidate for reelection to the office of Mayor of the Village of Maurice.
I have been privileged to serve in this position for the last eight years and hope to be able to serve the citizens of Maurice for the next four years.
The last eight years has brought a lot of changes and challenges for us. A few of those are as follows:
1. A new generator for the water plant through a grant from Homeland Security
2. A walking trail was developed in the Maurice Park with a grant from the Bureau of Outdoor Recreation Trails fund.
3. A Zoning Plan implemented which gives us a handle on growth within the Village.
4. An extension of our sewer lines to better serve the growth areas funded from local funds.
5. New housing developments which have been developed within all areas of the Village.
6. Commitment has been made for a new sewer plant and upgrades to the water plant to be able to serve the community needs for years to come.
I have been a resident of Maurice since 1979. I am married to Marlene Broussard and we have four children. We are the proud grandparents of five wonderful grandchildren. I am retired from the University of Louisiana where I worked for thirty five years. That experience has helped me in the administration of our Village. I also served for sixteen years as an alderman which has helped with an insight into our community.
If granted another term I pledge to serve our community to the best of my ability.